I am Dasein: Be-findlichkeit, Verstehen, Rede
I am a research academic, entrepreneur, engineer, educator, advisor (see my roles below). My day job is as the Professor of Marketing and Service Systems at WMG and Director of HATLAB for 50% of my time and 50% of my time as CEO of HAT Data Exchange and serving as an advisor to various organisations and governments. I am creator of the HAT and the product owner of the HATDeX technology suite. I am the economics and market designer of the HAT platform and a Turing Fellow.
I am an active researcher in the domain of value, pricing, service systems and new economic and business models. I design complex service eco-systems e.g. outcome-based service contracts, markets etc. I did a servsig blog here that will give you an idea of the type of work I do.
My research team website is the Service Systems research group
My research blog is at value-basedservicesystem.blogspot.com
I am the Chief Executive and co-Founder of HAT Data Exchange. I invest in, and incubate startups through my company www.innovorsa.com providing early stage administrative, financial, business/economic model, technological and funding support together with incubation space in Cambridge and Kuala Lumpur.
I don’t do any formal teaching but I do conduct some masterclasses
– masterclass on value creation (1 day) – executives, doctoral & postdoctoral (capacity building) (on demand)
– masterclass on research for impact (2 days) doctoral & postdoctoral (usually in October)
– masterclass on creating new markets (2 days) – executives (on demand)
– masterclass on outcome-based contracts (1-day) – executives (on demand)
– PhD supervision approach and teaching philosophy – Download it here (important if you are looking to do a PhD with me)
I am also one of the ESRC/InnovateUK Caucus Thought Leaders (see http://innovationcaucus.co.uk/) tasked to integrate Social Science research to assist Innovate UK
I am the product owner, designer and creator of the HAT, a personal data exchange platform. It consist of 7 software products offered by HAT Data Exchange that is configurable for all personal data use cases from personalised content, personalised learning to direct sharing and matching of personal data to products and services.