I am Dasein: Be-findlichkeit, Verstehen, Rede
I am a research academic, entrepreneur, engineer, educator, advisor (see my roles below). My day job is as the Professor of Marketing and Service Systems at WMG, University of Warwick for 80% of my time and 20% of my time as the Chairman and Chief Economist of the HAT Foundation and serving as an advisor to various organisations and governments. I am creator of the HAT and the product owner of the 7 products in the HATDeX technology suite.
I am an active researcher in the domain of value, pricing, service systems and new economic and business models. I design complex service eco-systems e.g. outcome-based service contracts, markets etc. I did a servsig blog here that will give you an idea of the type of work I do.
My research team website is the Service Systems research group
My research blog is at value-basedservicesystem.blogspot.com
I am founder and Chief Scientist (non-Executive) of my experimental company www.innovorsa.com which is the company that commercialises and exploits my inventions and tools. I’m also an investor and advisor of various startups in the IoT/digital space e.g. Device Pilot. I am also the Chief Economist and Chairman of HAT Data Exchange Ltd and the co-founder of the HAT Foundation
I don’t do any formal teaching but I do conduct some masterclasses
– masterclass on value creation (1 day) – executives, doctoral & postdoctoral (capacity building) (on demand)
– masterclass on research for impact (2 days) doctoral & postdoctoral (usually in October)
– masterclass on creating new markets (2 days) – executives (on demand)
– masterclass on outcome-based contracts (1-day) – executives (on demand)
– PhD supervisions – I have 5 doctoral students – Peter Ward, David Reynolds, Simon Brooks and Phil Davies – see their profiles here
– PhD supervision approach and teaching philosophy – Download it here (important if you are looking to do a PhD with me)
I am the Director of the International Institute for Product & Service Innovation (IIPSI) at WMG and the Theme Lead for WMG Business Transformation Research.
I am also one of the ESRC/InnovateUK Caucus Thought Leaders (see http://innovationcaucus.co.uk/) tasked to integrate Social Science research to assist Innovate UK
I am an advisor and investor of various startups in UK and Singapore.
I am the product owner, designer and creator of the HAT, a personal data exchange platform. It consist of 7 software products offered by HAT Data Exchange that is configurable for all personal data use cases from personalised content, personalised learning to direct sharing and matching of personal data to products and services.