I am Dasein: Be-findlichkeit, Verstehen, Rede
I am a research academic, entrepreneur, educator, advisor (see my roles below). My day job is as the Professor of Marketing and Service Systems at WMG, University of Warwick for 80% of my time and 20% of my time as the Chairman and Chief Economist of the HAT Foundation and serving as an advisor to various organisations and governments.
I am an active researcher in the domain of value, pricing, service systems and new economic and business models. I design complex service eco-systems e.g. outcome-based service contracts, markets etc. I did a servsig blog here that will give you an idea of the type of work I do.
My research team website is the Service Systems research group
My research blog is at value-basedservicesystem.blogspot.com
I am founder and Chief Scientist (non-Executive) of my experimental company www.innovorsa.com which is the company that commercialises and exploits my inventions and tools. I’m also an investor and advisor of various startups in the IoT/digital space e.g. Device Pilot. I am also the Chief Economist and Chairman of HAT Data Exchange Ltd and the co-founder of the HAT Foundation
I don’t do any formal teaching but I do conduct some masterclasses
– masterclass on value creation (1 day) – executives, doctoral & postdoctoral (capacity building) (on demand)
– masterclass on research for impact (2 days) doctoral & postdoctoral (usually in October)
– masterclass on creating new markets (2 days) – executives (on demand)
– masterclass on outcome-based contracts (1-day) – executives (on demand)
– PhD supervisions – I have 5 doctoral students – Peter Ward, David Reynolds, Simon Brooks and Phil Davies – see their profiles here
– PhD supervision approach and teaching philosophy – Download it here (important if you are looking to do a PhD with me)
I am the Director of the International Institute for Product & Service Innovation (IIPSI) at WMG and the Theme Lead for WMG Business Transformation Research.
I am also one of the ESRC/InnovateUK Caucus Thought Leaders (see http://innovationcaucus.co.uk/) tasked to integrate Social Science research to assist Innovate UK
I am an advisor and investor of various startups in UK and Singapore.